Monday, October 13, 2008

Twist and Shout!

Hello and welcome to the very first blog post for Lampwork by Lori! I hope to post at least once a week, but you know how it goes.

Lately, I've been working on twisties for a twistie (and twistie bead) exchange on a forum I visit called Lampwork Etc. Here is a picture of several twisties I made for the exchange, and this is how the beads start out.
I call my beads "Wispy Twisty Beads" beads because I use a lot of transparent glass in them and by the time the glass spreads out to the edges of the bead the color can look very delicate and whispy as seen in the beads below. Often, these beads are called "pleated" beads. The technique for making these beads comes from a Japanese beadmaking book called Tonbo-Dama: Japanese Glass Beads.

Check out my Etsy store for my very best "Wispy Twistie" beads!

2 comments:

Robin Koza said...

Looking good Lori-O!!! Pretty beads.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Lori, your new blog looks great!! Your beads are beautiful!!!