Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm Famous!

Hello and happy Saturday (my most favorite day of the week). There are just a few new things going on.

First, I'm currently the spotlight artist at ISLAGA.org. ISLAGA stands for Indiana Society of Lampwork and Art Glass Artists. I've been a member of ISLAGA for several years and I can tell you there's no nicer group of lampworkers around. Other lampworkers have read through our forum and said "You guys actually like each other!" I just had to laugh. I think there is a strong sense of humility and genuine respect for each person's dignity and talent no matter what level or how experienced they are. ISLAGA has created a great environment for me and others to grow as a person and an artist and I am very grateful to all who have participated and made it happen. Anyway, click here to check out my spotlight article and the ISLAGA website.

Second, I would like to introduce you to my nephew, Jacob. This is his senior picture. He is currently studying Computer Technology in his first year of college. Jake and his brother Ben are my heart and I'm sure they have no idea how much I love them! I'll introduce you to Ben someday soon. I am so lucky to have two special nephews!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new beads are really nice, especially the orange set. And congrats on your spotlight! It is well deserved I am sure. The beads and jewelry that they featured are wonderful!

Handmade Beaded Jewelry Blog