Saturday, December 6, 2008

Seahorse Beads

Hello again!

I just have to share this little guy. He's the most perfect out of all the seahorses I made yesterday. I gave him a big belly so he can have lots of seahorse babies!

I like making these because each one has its own character and they go pretty quickly. Plus, they open up a great way to use all the different frit mixes that I've been hoarding for some future purpose.

"Frit" is just another name for crushed up glass; however, some people buy furnace glass (which comes in many more colors than the type of glass I use) and blend different colors and sizes together to sell their own particular frit "blends." Check out my friend Robin Koza's website, Glass Diversions, to see some examples of frit. ...And that concludes our lesson for today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable. I imagine Dolphins and Elephants would do well also. Can you make an elephant? ;)

Lori Smith said...

Lol, thanks Marialena! A dolphin? Maybe. An elephant? Well, maybe an elephant head, but I'm not sure how wearable that would be. I'll give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

Elephants are said to be lucky, and hell...who doesn't love a dolphin? LOL! If it's just an elephant head, that's fine by me! Whenever you have time...

Ciao for now!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about your blog. The seahorse is gorgeous. How about starfish??? They's look good on anything.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Lori!! I love him! And CONGRATULATIONS on getting your Etsy shop up and running! It looks great. Two sales already!!