Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rainy Days and Sundays...

It's a typical autumn day in Indiana. A little rainy, a little cool.. perfect for a nap. Jake took me to the JC Penny Home store after church and I finally bought some sheets that fit my bed. I'm pretty psyched! These sheets are even made by Sealy so I figured I couldn't go wrong! I also bought one of those REALLY soft blankets to match and a nice foam pillow. It was all 50% off! Wooo!

I'm very thankful to have found a church that I like, and grateful that my friend Ann has agreed to pick me up (I don't drive because I'm incredibly accident prone!) Today I met my Sunday School class. We're small, but we're covering some pretty interesting topics.

Well I don't have anything new to report on the topic of beads except that I'm getting ready for the Southwest Michigan Bead Show (October 10 in Grand Rapids, MI) and still exploring lots of colors and reactions in boro. It's a whole new learning curve, just like Moretti was, only not as many people talk about it.

It is a little expensive to switch from soft glass to boro so I have been trying to sell off as much frit (crushed glass) and other tidbits to buy glass and a more protective pair of eyewear. Colored boro throws off a much brighter light at the torch than soft glass, so I have to have eyewear almost as protective as a welder's.

Here are some samples of the boro colors I work with:




No comments: