Friday, February 6, 2009

Prayers for the little Zo

Hi all..

My little dog Zo needs some prayers. Zoe is my 12-year old Miniature Schnauzer.

She is running on 1/2 a kidney and we've decided not to go through expensive "heroic" measures to put her into the hospital for fluids/treatment/x-rays, etc. because it would probably add less than a year to her life and she could very well pass anyway. We have, however, switched her to a different food that requires less kidney function (she's eating again!) and keep her on an antibiotic that has helped her during previous bouts with pancreatitis/kidney disease.

I only pray that we have some good days or weeks left with her and that we will know when it is "time" so that she does not suffer. I always swore I wouldn't let her suffer.

So, God please bless my little Zo dog.

4 comments:

Jinx Garza said...

Sending hugs to you and Zo.

Anonymous said...

I love animals, most times more than people. Most animal lovers can understand that statement without being offended. I'll keep you both in my prayers. I lost a pet recently as well. <3

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Embrace each day!
Michelle-

Lori Smith said...

Thank you all. The little Zo is at peace as of this afternoon. It was hard to let her go, but I'm glad I was with her to see that she suffered no pain and is now at rest. It was the best thing, and the hardest thing, like so many things in life.