Sunday, March 29, 2009

Booth Shots, Part Deux

Yesterday was my first show in about two years. It was down at the Eiteljorg museum in Indianapolis. Originally, I was stuck down in some off-hallway classroom. That's where Dad and I set everything up on Friday. However, on Saturday morning, several scheduled artists didn't show, so I was allowed to move up to the main hall and next to my ISLAGA pals Chiq Elbert-Velazco and Fran Carrico. Not surprisingly, it was a bit of a slow because of the economy and as compared to the annual Bead Bonanza they normally hold.

On the bright side, I got my first indoor booth shot, so now I have an outdoor and an indoor shot to use for applying to future shows. There are a few things wrong with the shot. For one, I did not use my table skirt because of the way I configured the tables; therefore some of my "rough edges" are showing. Also, one of my light bar zip ties came loose while we were moving my booth from the basement to the hall. Otherwise, I think it turned out really well and I was proud of my booth. Yay!

2 comments:

Mermaid Glass said...

What a beautiful booth you have!
It's the booth setup that holds me back from doing shows. I just don't know where to start but you look like you've got it all figured out.

Lori Smith said...

Thanks Laurie and Marialena! It IS a lot of hard work, and can be expensive to get started, but it's coming along. I think it will get easier as I do more shows. I think the long, deep tables (i.e. 6'x3') are much more challenging to work with.