Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blog Marketing Using Entrecard

Have you noticed the "E" widget in the right column? It's called an Entrecard. It's a fun way to advertise on other people's blogs and to discover new blogs.

How does it work? In a nutshell, you go to the Entrecard site, sign up and add their code to your blog.

Then, Entrecard users will request to put their card on your blog. If you accept, it's automatically placed on your widget for 24 hours (one ad at a time). If you don't wish to advertise their blog on yours, you can decline the request. If you like an ad you come across, simply click and visit the blog.

The owners earn 'credits' for each ad you accept. You can earn credits for yourself by clicking the Entrecard ads on blogs you visit. This is called "dropping" your card. You use credits to pay for the ads you'd like to place on other people's blogs.

How do you know where to advertise? If you click "campaign" on the Entrecard site, you can browse Entrecards, click links to view associated blogs, and if you like what you see, you can request to advertise. Since I'm new and have few credits, I look for newer, inexpensive blogs related to jewelry makers because that is my target audience. I can check out a blog to see if I think it would be a good fit for my ad and try to avoid blogs whose works are similar to mine.

Entrecard is a fun marketing tool, and non-commercial blogs are on Entrecard, too. It's for anyone who'd like to drive more traffic to their blog.

My Entrecard looks like this:


What are you waiting for? Sign up and schmooze with me!

No comments: